6 Reasons why you should consider a MBBR process over other biological treatment processes.
- Compact Footprint
- bioFAS™ MBBR is a high rate biological treatment system that typically requires less space than an activated sludge process treating equivalent flow and loading rates.
- Load Responsive
- The MBBR treatment process is responsive to organic load fluctuations without operator intervention. The self-regulating nature of the biofilm adjusts to variations in organic load. As the organic load increases, the microbial population in the biofilm increases enabling additional growth and treatment capacity.
- The large surface area within the media carriers result in the ability to handle high organic loads without biomass clogging.
- The self-regulating and fully-automated MBBR process will eliminate the mechanical failures that are inherent with other treatment systems such as rotating biological reactors and trickling filters.
- Process Resilient
- bioFAS™ MBBR treatment processes are resistant to toxic contaminants. Toxic shocks kill the outer layer of bacteria on the carriers protecting the inner layer for continued growth and treatment.
- The bioFAS™ MBBR process can be easily upgraded by adding MBBR media to the bioreactor and increasing the process air requirements.
- Easy to Operate and Maintain
- The MBBR process operates on single pass and is fully-automated that is easy to operate and maintain than other treatment systems. The process parameters that require monitoring include DO, pH, defoamer addition, and the nutrient concentrations.
bioFAS™ MBBR System Case Studies:
- Potato Production Plant
- Processed Meats & Snacks Manufacturer
- Dairy Waste Production Plant
- Packing Solutions Company
For additional information on MBBR treatment systems and to learn more about what bioprocessH2O has to offer, contact us today!
Get the most out of your water!