Sequencing Batch Reactors (SBRs) are a decades-old technology that may work well in theory but come with a variety of challenges in practice. Some of these challenges include:
- Complicated Operation and Maintenance
- Limited Expansion Capacity
- Regular System Downtime Required for Filling, Settling, and Decanting
- Changes in Organic Load Strength Can Affect Effluent Quality
If you’re looking to upgrade an old SBR, bioprocessH2O can provide all the required equipment to modify your existing treatment basin into a bioFAS™ Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR), bioFLOW Membrane Bioreactor (MBR), or bioPULSE Airlift MBR.
Some benefits of an upgrade include:
- Increased Treatment Capacity
- Simplified Operation and Maintenance
- Less System Downtime
- More Consistent Effluent Quality
- Expansion Capability
- Continuous, Automated Treatment
Our engineers will work with you to retrofit your existing wastewater treatment system and help you get the most out of your water.
Retrofitted System Case Studies:
For additional information on upgrading your treatment system and to learn more about what bioprocessH2O has to offer, contact us today!